Monday, November 26, 2007

Dead Fred

I had a rather shocking/amusing email today from my friend Billy. Billy and I have a mutual friend called Luke who is at university studying meeja. The email was regarding a music video that Luke had just made as part of his university work.

Just to clear things up - I'll be working with Billy from January onwards, he will be my producer. Terry will be my boss.

Our email exchanges follows below:

Billy:
Erm... basically, this pop video was a sort of sped up 'day in the life' of a girl who dies of a drug overdose at the end.

I nearly choked when the words

"Caroline O'Neill 1980-2006" came up at the end. I texted him to ask who this particular 'Caroline O'Neill was, he said: "I know! The reason for that was that I had just spoken to Caroline about an hour before and her name is the first that came into my head when I had to think of a girl's name to make it 'authentic'!"

Caroline:
*spits out tea over keyboard*

So I officially died last year? :) Might want to let Terry know that he's employing a dead girl!!!

Billy:
There will deffo be some health and safety issues involved. I'm going to call HR and see if they have any guidelines on employing the dead/undead.

Caroline:
It just means when I write up a programme proposal for you it'll be full of braaaaaaaaaaaaaains.

Billy:
I can tell working with you's gonna be a killer, thriller...

I'm just glad 2006 is over, otherwise I'd be more than slightly paranoid!

1 comment:

lools said...

*chuckles*