Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Fingerspelling Nephews

I'd like to take this moment to name-drop my two gorgeous nephews, Sam and Ben.

Not only are they stunningly good-looking, academically-gifted, impeccibly dressed with charming manners they also.... wait for this.... THEY SIGN!!!

I haven't seen them in something like 6 years. I'm officially the worlds worst aunt. Anyway, I went to my sisters birthday last weekend and was greeted by two mops of blonde hair merrily fingerspelling their names to me.

I nearly cried. You rock, guys.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

six years!!!... You BAD Auntie!!

soarhead said...

As dad(dy) to these nephews I must add that they are not perfect!!

They recently "signed" to me in a busy shopping centre, responding to a rather witty comment I had made at their expense.

When I asked what the "sign" meant they chorused (and current wife joined in) LOSER!!

Cazz said...

I knew I forgot to mention their fabulous sense of humour and comic timing in that post.... :)

Anonymous said...

Fascinating that Ben was able to teach you one or two signs you didn't know - though I question how often you will find the need to sign 'Sponge Bob Square Pants'